To be an excellent home furnishings company
Broad River Furniture Core Values
Integrity – Guided by Christian principles, we are ethical, responsible, fair and truthful. We maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct.
Managment Team Bios
Our Customer Beliefs
- Every Customer is vitally important to us.
- Every Customer deserves our passion, attention and extensive knowledge.
- We must be proud of each and every Customer engagement.
- Connecting with our Customers is the key to building lasting Customer relationships.
Founded in 2003, Broad River Furniture (BRF) is a locally owned and operated home furnishings retailer. Broad River Furniture is the largest and fastest-growing Ashley Furniture HomeStore licensee in the Carolinas and Georgia. The first store opened in Pineville, NC, in May of 2003, and Broad River Furniture was on the fast track toward success. Sales have increased by double digits in the past three years, including a 20% increase in 2012 vs. 2011 to end the year at over $80 million.
The Company’s growth in the recent tough economic climate is a testament to our associates who continue to pursue Excellence. Located in the 4th largest population cluster or “Megapolitan” area in the U.S. with approximately 20 million residents or 6.6% of the U.S. population in the area between Raleigh, NC and Birmingham, AL. This region has historically grown at a compounded annual rate of 5%, and we’re proud that our growth has outpaced that of the region. The Charlotte and Greenville metropolitan areas have a combined population of approximately 3 million.
Today, Broad River Furniture is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, and has 15 HomeStores in 3 states with over 300 full-time employees and contractors. We take pride in our employees, as we believe that each person contributes directly to the growth and success of this company.
Awards & Accomplishments:
- Nationally recognized as a Top 100 Furniture Retailer, up to 78th in 2012 from 86th in 2011. According to Furniture Today, we are one of the fastest growing furniture retailers in America.
- Recognized as one of North Carolina’s Top 100 Private Companies in 2012 by Grant Thornton LLP.
- Chairman’s Award, given by Ashley Furniture Industries in recognition of BRF’s growth and outstanding
achievements in 2009.
- Recognized by Furniture Today in 2012 as one of four Retail Giants of Bedding in the U.S. based on achievements in the competitive mattress arena.
- Received the Sustainable Business Award from the Charlotte Business Journal in 2010 for the recycling of packing materials at our Distribution Center
We are constantly seeking opportunistic growth and long-term stability within our organization.